- Sci-Fi News: Strangeness in Space: Episode 4 - Pet Shock Boys - Puppy Pan...
- Sci-Fi News: Twelfth Doctor's Second Sonic Screwdriver Blasts into Charac...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go takes-off for third series
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options announces Limited Edition Doctor Who Action Figures!
- Sci-Fi News: London Fans React to Game of Thrones Season 5 Finale
- Sci-Fi News: Colin Baker Short "Last Man on Earth" Seeks Crowdfunders
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-fi celebrities descend on Llandudno for Scifi Wales this September
- Sci-Fi News: Cops and Monsters the Mini Series launches funding for 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Strangeness in Space - A new fan-funded comedy sci-fi audio ...
- Sci-Fi News: THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO... on the Thames!
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who reveals Maisie Williams as guest star
- Sci-Fi News: Lady Penelope, Parker and Brains pictures revealed
- Sci-Fi News: The Vampire Diaries 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go new-look Tracy brothers are F.A.B.
- Sci-Fi News: Scifi News talks to Richard James about his time on Space Pr...
- Sci-Fi News: Zelda's Night Before Christmas: Anderson Entertainment relea...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go to blast back for second series
- Sci-Fi News: Llandudno to Host New Annual Science Fiction Convention
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options unveil Twelfth Doctor 3.75 inch figure as ...
- Sci-Fi News: Ben Miller to guest star in Doctor Who
Richard Dean Anderson Joins Cast For MGM'S New Stargate: Continuum
Former Stargate SG-1 Actor and Executive Producer Travels to North Pole Location to Reprise His Role as General Jack O'Neill
LOS ANGELES, CA March 20, 2007---Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM) today announced that Richard Dean Anderson will be reprising his role as General Jack O'Neill for the Studio's upcoming Stargate: Continuum.
Anderson will join cast members Ben Browder (Stargate SG-1's Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell) and Amanda Tapping (Lt. Col. Samantha Carter) in shooting on location in the sub-zero climate of the Arctic where the production is working in collaboration with the U.S. Navy's Applied Physics Laboratory Ice Station (APLIS) for the week of March 23 through 29.
"We're thrilled to have Richard join us for Stargate: Continuum," said Brad Wright, co-creator of the Stargate franchise and writer/executive producer for the latest installment for the property. "As General Jack O'Neill, Richard brings both a sense of history and familiarity to the continuing adventures of the Stargate team. And we all recognize his value as the much-loved hero among the Stargate fan base."
In addition to the frigid outdoor environments, the filming will also involve U.S. Navy submarine USS Alexandria (SSN-757). Among the most visually stunning and dramatic scenes to be filmed at the location involves the submarine as it bursts through the ice and into the cold Arctic air with temperatures hovering around 50 degrees below zero.
As previously announced, Stargate: Continuum will shoot a variety of scenes on location in the Arctic ice, located approximately 200 nautical miles north of Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. Martin Wood, Director of over 70 Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis episodes, is confirmed to direct Stargate: Continuum.
In January of this year, MGM made a commitment to continuing to the Stargate franchise by giving the green light to Stargate: The Ark of Truth, which begins production on April 15 and Stargate: Continuum which will feature the epic ice camp scenes, and resumes filming on May 22. Written and produced by Brad Wright and Robert Cooper, Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Stargate: Continuum will include the following Stargate SG-1 cast members: Ben Browder, Amanda Tapping, Chris Judge, Claudia Black, with Beau Bridges and Michael Shanks.
The APLIS is operated by the University of Washington and was formed in 1943 at the request of the U.S. Navy to bring university resources to bear on urgent WWII defense problems. From a wartime beginning focused on effective torpedo exploders, APL-UW initiated acoustic studies and oceanographic research programs to understand how variations in the ocean environment affected the performance of Navy systems.
About Stargate: Continuum
While SG-1 attends the execution of Ba'al, the last of the goa'uld system lords, Teal'c and Vala inexplicably disappear into thin air. Carter, Daniel and Mitchell race back to a world where history has been changed: the Stargate program has been erased from the timeline. As they try to convince the authorities of what's happened, a fleet of goa'uld motherships arrives in orbit, led by Ba'al, his queen, Katesh (Vala) and his first prime, Teal'c. SG-1 must find the Stargate and set things right before the world is enslaved by the goa'uld.