- Sci-Fi News: Fifty Years In Time And Space: A Short History of Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: "Countdown To Darkness" If Ever There Were A Foreboding Titl...
- Sci-Fi News: Star Trek Countdown to Darkness Limited Edition Enterprise E...
- Sci-Fi News: The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Cast and Rumours
- Sci-Fi News: We Take A Look At The New Star Trek Into Darkness Movie Post...
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi/Fantasy In Cinema - A Look Back On 2012 And A Look Fo...
- Sci-Fi News: Stargate Universe DVD Box-Set Review
- Sci-Fi News: 25 Days Of Sci-Fi Prizes Up For Grabs
- Sci-Fi News: Dame Diana Rigg And Rachael Stirling To Star In Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: The Walking Dead #100 Comic Book Hits 15 Covers
- Sci-Fi News: Marvel Studios Begins Poduction On Third Installment Of The ...
- Sci-Fi News: New Doctor Who Companion Unveiled
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi Fanatics Name The Genre's Sexiest Stars
- Sci-Fi News: Sanctuary — Series 3 Exclusively On Watch (Sky 109, Virgin Media 124)
- Sci-Fi News: The Silence Arrive At The Doctor Who Experience On Friday 13th May
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who Tardis Visit On Offer At Radio Cymru Children In ...
- Sci-Fi News: Walking Dead Snares A Million
- Sci-Fi News: First Broadcast Of Interview With Creator Of Doctor Who Theme
- Sci-Fi News: The Zombies Are Coming
- Sci-Fi News: Zombies Invade Cities Across The World To Promote The Walkin...
Doctor Who Get The Wow! Factor
BBC Worldwide has today announced a deal with the award winning toy and gadget company, Wow! Stuff, to produce a range of adult gifts based on the hit Doctor Who property. The new lines are set to roll out in stores from autumn, 2010.
Based on the adventures of the Eleventh Doctor, played by Matt Smith, the range will include replica items from upcoming series, as well as drawing inspiration from some of the Doctor's most memorable enemies from the previous episodes. The items, which are targeted towards young adults and older fans of the show, will include clocks and watches, desktop accessories and salt and pepper shakers.
The product will be supported by Wow! Stuff's in-store promotional video screens. Remotely accessed from Wow! Stuff's HQ, the screens allow for product demonstrations to be tailored to circumstances including weather conditions and stock availability, and have already proved successful in boasting previous product sales for other lines.
BBC Worldwide has also secured a variety of new lines through existing licensees. As the master toy licensee, Character Options will continue to lead the licensing drive, with exciting new lines, available from Autumn/Winter 2010.
Meanwhile, Christy's will produce a new dress up set based on the new Doctor, planned to launch in retailers this summer. Seasonal confectionary will be produced by Bon Bon and new lines of the commemorative medals will be available through the partnership with the Royal Mint. Continuing their work with the brand, Pyramid will produce new posters for the show, and Ravensburger will provide jigsaw puzzles.
The new series is to air on BBC One later this year, furthering the strong interest behind the brand's licensed range. Richard Hollis, Head of UK Licensing at BBC Worldwide, comments: "As one of our flagship brands, Doctor Who continues to deliver both on and off-screen. The new series presents us with some excellent licensing opportunities, which we are continuing to explore with our partners."