- Sci-Fi News: Twelfth Doctor's Second Sonic Screwdriver Blasts into Charac...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go takes-off for third series
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options announces Limited Edition Doctor Who Action Figures!
- Sci-Fi News: London Fans React to Game of Thrones Season 5 Finale
- Sci-Fi News: Colin Baker Short "Last Man on Earth" Seeks Crowdfunders
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-fi celebrities descend on Llandudno for Scifi Wales this September
- Sci-Fi News: Cops and Monsters the Mini Series launches funding for 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Strangeness in Space - A new fan-funded comedy sci-fi audio ...
- Sci-Fi News: THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO... on the Thames!
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who reveals Maisie Williams as guest star
- Sci-Fi News: Lady Penelope, Parker and Brains pictures revealed
- Sci-Fi News: The Vampire Diaries 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go new-look Tracy brothers are F.A.B.
- Sci-Fi News: Scifi News talks to Richard James about his time on Space Pr...
- Sci-Fi News: Zelda's Night Before Christmas: Anderson Entertainment relea...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go to blast back for second series
- Sci-Fi News: Llandudno to Host New Annual Science Fiction Convention
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options unveil Twelfth Doctor 3.75 inch figure as ...
- Sci-Fi News: Ben Miller to guest star in Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi News exclusive interview with Sarah Louise Madison - ...
Doctor Who Get The Wow! Factor
BBC Worldwide has today announced a deal with the award winning toy and gadget company, Wow! Stuff, to produce a range of adult gifts based on the hit Doctor Who property. The new lines are set to roll out in stores from autumn, 2010.
Based on the adventures of the Eleventh Doctor, played by Matt Smith, the range will include replica items from upcoming series, as well as drawing inspiration from some of the Doctor's most memorable enemies from the previous episodes. The items, which are targeted towards young adults and older fans of the show, will include clocks and watches, desktop accessories and salt and pepper shakers.
The product will be supported by Wow! Stuff's in-store promotional video screens. Remotely accessed from Wow! Stuff's HQ, the screens allow for product demonstrations to be tailored to circumstances including weather conditions and stock availability, and have already proved successful in boasting previous product sales for other lines.
BBC Worldwide has also secured a variety of new lines through existing licensees. As the master toy licensee, Character Options will continue to lead the licensing drive, with exciting new lines, available from Autumn/Winter 2010.
Meanwhile, Christy's will produce a new dress up set based on the new Doctor, planned to launch in retailers this summer. Seasonal confectionary will be produced by Bon Bon and new lines of the commemorative medals will be available through the partnership with the Royal Mint. Continuing their work with the brand, Pyramid will produce new posters for the show, and Ravensburger will provide jigsaw puzzles.
The new series is to air on BBC One later this year, furthering the strong interest behind the brand's licensed range. Richard Hollis, Head of UK Licensing at BBC Worldwide, comments: "As one of our flagship brands, Doctor Who continues to deliver both on and off-screen. The new series presents us with some excellent licensing opportunities, which we are continuing to explore with our partners."