- Sci-Fi News: Llandudno to Host New Annual Science Fiction Convention
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options unveil Twelfth Doctor 3.75 inch figure as ...
- Sci-Fi News: Ben Miller to guest star in Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi News exclusive interview with Sarah Louise Madison - ...
- Sci-Fi News: BBC Three drama In The Flesh nominated for prestigious BAFTA awards
- Sci-Fi News: BBC drama leads BAFTA nominations 2014
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi News exclusive interview with Fraser Coull the creato...
- Sci-Fi News: Series two of BBC Three drama In The Flesh announced for UK ...
- Sci-Fi News: Cops and Monsters minisode airs online tonight
- Sci-Fi News: Keeley Hawes to star in Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: Debut thriller novel Keystone receives international acclaim
- Sci-Fi News: Gollancz announce strategy to reduce the price of eBook edit...
- Sci-Fi News: Comic Book Artist Lee Sullivan Launches Online Shop
- Sci-Fi News: Official Star Wars Fact File Magazine Hits Stores, Offering ...
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who 3.75 inch action figures (Wave 2) revealed
- Sci-Fi News: Gollancz Returns to Westeros with Inside HBO's Game of Thron...
- Sci-Fi News: The Tomorrow People's performance yesterday is today's news
- Sci-Fi News: Finalists announced for BBC Audio Drama Awards 2014
- Sci-Fi News: Peter Capaldi begins filming on Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: Blue Peter reveals Doctor Who competition winners
Doctor Who Get The Wow! Factor
BBC Worldwide has today announced a deal with the award winning toy and gadget company, Wow! Stuff, to produce a range of adult gifts based on the hit Doctor Who property. The new lines are set to roll out in stores from autumn, 2010.
Based on the adventures of the Eleventh Doctor, played by Matt Smith, the range will include replica items from upcoming series, as well as drawing inspiration from some of the Doctor's most memorable enemies from the previous episodes. The items, which are targeted towards young adults and older fans of the show, will include clocks and watches, desktop accessories and salt and pepper shakers.
The product will be supported by Wow! Stuff's in-store promotional video screens. Remotely accessed from Wow! Stuff's HQ, the screens allow for product demonstrations to be tailored to circumstances including weather conditions and stock availability, and have already proved successful in boasting previous product sales for other lines.
BBC Worldwide has also secured a variety of new lines through existing licensees. As the master toy licensee, Character Options will continue to lead the licensing drive, with exciting new lines, available from Autumn/Winter 2010.
Meanwhile, Christy's will produce a new dress up set based on the new Doctor, planned to launch in retailers this summer. Seasonal confectionary will be produced by Bon Bon and new lines of the commemorative medals will be available through the partnership with the Royal Mint. Continuing their work with the brand, Pyramid will produce new posters for the show, and Ravensburger will provide jigsaw puzzles.
The new series is to air on BBC One later this year, furthering the strong interest behind the brand's licensed range. Richard Hollis, Head of UK Licensing at BBC Worldwide, comments: "As one of our flagship brands, Doctor Who continues to deliver both on and off-screen. The new series presents us with some excellent licensing opportunities, which we are continuing to explore with our partners."