- Sci-Fi News: Gollancz announce strategy to reduce the price of eBook edit...
- Sci-Fi News: Comic Book Artist Lee Sullivan Launches Online Shop
- Sci-Fi News: Official Star Wars Fact File Magazine Hits Stores, Offering ...
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who 3.75 inch action figures (Wave 2) revealed
- Sci-Fi News: Gollancz Returns to Westeros with Inside HBO's Game of Thron...
- Sci-Fi News: The Tomorrow People's performance yesterday is today's news
- Sci-Fi News: Finalists announced for BBC Audio Drama Awards 2014
- Sci-Fi News: Peter Capaldi begins filming on Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: Blue Peter reveals Doctor Who competition winners
- Sci-Fi News: The Tomorrow People Press Pack
- Sci-Fi News: The Tomorrow People cast and crew interview
- Sci-Fi News: The Tomorrow People
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who 50th anniversary draws peak audience of 10.6 mill...
- Sci-Fi News: James Bond is back on ITV
- Sci-Fi News: BBC Three announces Doctor Who Live: The Afterparty
- Sci-Fi News: BBC Radio Wales Doctor Who Day announced
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who's TARDIS set to tour towns across Wales
- Sci-Fi News: Blue Peter viewers to design device for new series of Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: 2 shows to screen exclusively at MCM London Comic Con
- Sci-Fi News: Companions: Fifty Years of Doctor Who Assistants
Toys R Us & Lucasfilm Join Forces For Star Wars: The Clone Wars Midnight Toy Launch
Toys R Us has joined forces with Lucas Film ahead of the new highly anticipated CGi animated movie - Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The partnership begins next weekend with the installation of Countdown Clocks in every Toys R Us store ticking towards the official launch of the latest toy range.
At midnight on the night of July 25th, Toys R Us will open the doors of 12 of its stores to a frenzy of midnight madness to launch the largest selection of toys, construction sets, role play accessories and more based on the new Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie.
Mike Coogan, Marketing Director of Toys R Us said "We are thrilled to have been the ultimate Star Wars destination store for over two decades serving generations of fans with the latest Star Wars toys. With the launch of the new animated movie The Clone Wars, we can continue to offer the largest range of Star Wars products to children and collectors alike."
"Our partnership with Lucasfilm will bring the latest collection of products to life with our massive displays in all stores and will also give devoted Star Wars fans the first opportunity to purchase toys from the new collection; we are expecting the awesome Millennium Falcon, the updated iconic Star Wars vehicle to be in huge demand at the midnight events."
As well as the stores opening at midnight on July 25th, every Toys R Us nationwide will dedicate up to 24ft of display space to the new toys and display life-size visuals based on Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Each store will showcase the largest selection of Star Wars toys, games, construction sets and more including several exclusive items only available at Toys R Us. All stores are also set to receive regular shipments of the new Clone Wars merchandise.
For those avid fans unable to get to a store at midnight, the Toys R Us online store www.toysrus.co.uk will also be launching the latest Clone Wars merchandise. Customers visiting the site will also be able to locate their nearest Toys R Us store hosting a midnight event on the 25th July.
After the newest array of Star Wars toys are released on the 26th, the Toys R Us Countdown Clocks in stores will reset to count the minutes until the release of Star Wars: The Clone Wars film on the 18th August.
As a bonus, all customers will receive a free Star Wars Gift when spending £20 or more at the Midnight Event.
MIDNIGHT EVENTS Cribbs Causeway Bristol; Brent Cross, North London; Southampton; Medway; Metro; Oldbury; Warrington; Edinburgh; Croydon; Leeds; Ipswich; Glasgow Helen Street.