- Sci-Fi News: Character Options announces Limited Edition Doctor Who Action Figures!
- Sci-Fi News: London Fans React to Game of Thrones Season 5 Finale
- Sci-Fi News: Colin Baker Short "Last Man on Earth" Seeks Crowdfunders
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-fi celebrities descend on Llandudno for Scifi Wales this September
- Sci-Fi News: Cops and Monsters the Mini Series launches funding for 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Strangeness in Space - A new fan-funded comedy sci-fi audio ...
- Sci-Fi News: THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO... on the Thames!
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who reveals Maisie Williams as guest star
- Sci-Fi News: Lady Penelope, Parker and Brains pictures revealed
- Sci-Fi News: The Vampire Diaries 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go new-look Tracy brothers are F.A.B.
- Sci-Fi News: Scifi News talks to Richard James about his time on Space Pr...
- Sci-Fi News: Zelda's Night Before Christmas: Anderson Entertainment relea...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go to blast back for second series
- Sci-Fi News: Llandudno to Host New Annual Science Fiction Convention
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options unveil Twelfth Doctor 3.75 inch figure as ...
- Sci-Fi News: Ben Miller to guest star in Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi News exclusive interview with Sarah Louise Madison - ...
- Sci-Fi News: BBC Three drama In The Flesh nominated for prestigious BAFTA awards
- Sci-Fi News: BBC drama leads BAFTA nominations 2014
Toys R Us & Lucasfilm Join Forces For Star Wars: The Clone Wars Midnight Toy Launch
Toys R Us has joined forces with Lucas Film ahead of the new highly anticipated CGi animated movie - Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The partnership begins next weekend with the installation of Countdown Clocks in every Toys R Us store ticking towards the official launch of the latest toy range.
At midnight on the night of July 25th, Toys R Us will open the doors of 12 of its stores to a frenzy of midnight madness to launch the largest selection of toys, construction sets, role play accessories and more based on the new Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie.
Mike Coogan, Marketing Director of Toys R Us said "We are thrilled to have been the ultimate Star Wars destination store for over two decades serving generations of fans with the latest Star Wars toys. With the launch of the new animated movie The Clone Wars, we can continue to offer the largest range of Star Wars products to children and collectors alike."
"Our partnership with Lucasfilm will bring the latest collection of products to life with our massive displays in all stores and will also give devoted Star Wars fans the first opportunity to purchase toys from the new collection; we are expecting the awesome Millennium Falcon, the updated iconic Star Wars vehicle to be in huge demand at the midnight events."
As well as the stores opening at midnight on July 25th, every Toys R Us nationwide will dedicate up to 24ft of display space to the new toys and display life-size visuals based on Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Each store will showcase the largest selection of Star Wars toys, games, construction sets and more including several exclusive items only available at Toys R Us. All stores are also set to receive regular shipments of the new Clone Wars merchandise.
For those avid fans unable to get to a store at midnight, the Toys R Us online store www.toysrus.co.uk will also be launching the latest Clone Wars merchandise. Customers visiting the site will also be able to locate their nearest Toys R Us store hosting a midnight event on the 25th July.
After the newest array of Star Wars toys are released on the 26th, the Toys R Us Countdown Clocks in stores will reset to count the minutes until the release of Star Wars: The Clone Wars film on the 18th August.
As a bonus, all customers will receive a free Star Wars Gift when spending £20 or more at the Midnight Event.
MIDNIGHT EVENTS Cribbs Causeway Bristol; Brent Cross, North London; Southampton; Medway; Metro; Oldbury; Warrington; Edinburgh; Croydon; Leeds; Ipswich; Glasgow Helen Street.