- Sci-Fi News: Fifty Years In Time And Space: A Short History of Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: "Countdown To Darkness" If Ever There Were A Foreboding Titl...
- Sci-Fi News: Star Trek Countdown to Darkness Limited Edition Enterprise E...
- Sci-Fi News: The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Cast and Rumours
- Sci-Fi News: We Take A Look At The New Star Trek Into Darkness Movie Post...
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi/Fantasy In Cinema - A Look Back On 2012 And A Look Fo...
- Sci-Fi News: Stargate Universe DVD Box-Set Review
- Sci-Fi News: 25 Days Of Sci-Fi Prizes Up For Grabs
- Sci-Fi News: Dame Diana Rigg And Rachael Stirling To Star In Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: The Walking Dead #100 Comic Book Hits 15 Covers
- Sci-Fi News: Marvel Studios Begins Poduction On Third Installment Of The ...
- Sci-Fi News: New Doctor Who Companion Unveiled
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi Fanatics Name The Genre's Sexiest Stars
- Sci-Fi News: Sanctuary — Series 3 Exclusively On Watch (Sky 109, Virgin Media 124)
- Sci-Fi News: The Silence Arrive At The Doctor Who Experience On Friday 13th May
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who Tardis Visit On Offer At Radio Cymru Children In ...
- Sci-Fi News: Walking Dead Snares A Million
- Sci-Fi News: First Broadcast Of Interview With Creator Of Doctor Who Theme
- Sci-Fi News: The Zombies Are Coming
- Sci-Fi News: Zombies Invade Cities Across The World To Promote The Walkin...
Step Into The Tardis For Children In Need
Fans of smash-hit shows Doctor Who, Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures are being offered a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go behind the scenes at the studios where the shows are filmed.
On Saturday and Sunday, 8 and 9 November, the BBC will be opening the studio doors just outside Cardiff to 100 lucky competition winners and their friends and families.
The money-can't-buy-experience is being run to help raise money for this year's BBC Children in Need appeal.
Doctor Who: Backstage will take fans to the heart of the action at the BBC Wales studios.
Visitors will tour the closely-guarded sets, come face-to-face with some of the Doctor's mortal enemies, and meet the behind-the-scenes teams who make it all happen — including the set designers, costumiers and make-up artists.
Russell T Davies says: "This is so exciting — giving fans the opportunity to take a behind the scenes look at where we film Doctor Who, Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures is just brilliant.
"It'll be the perfect opportunity for the whole family to experience something unique and truly extraordinary. It will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience — and the best thing is that all the money raised will go towards BBC Children in Need."
To be in with a chance of winning a place on the tour, all people have to do is answer one multiple-choice question.
The all-important question will be announced on Friday 26 September, live on the Chris Moyles show on BBC Radio 1 and on BBC Radio Wales and BBC Radio Cymru.
It will also be available on the Doctor Who website — bbc.co.uk/doctorwho — along with the full terms and conditions.
The competition phone lines will be open from 8am on Friday 26 September 2008. Callers must be over 16 and have the bill-payers' permission. Each winner will be able to bring up to three guests who must all be aged five or over.
The tour is taking place during a brief gap in the production schedule.
Doctor Who will return to BBC One this Christmas in The Next Doctor and filming resumes early in 2009 on a number of specials, followed by series five.
BBC Children in Need's aim is to positively change the lives of disadvantaged children and young people in the UK.
The 2008 BBC Children in Need television show is on Friday 14 November.
This year's fundraising theme is "Do Something Different" and in the weeks and months leading up to the televised appeal people are being encouraged to get creative and take up the challenge.
For inspiration there are lots of fantastic ideas in the new fundraising pack — go to bbc.co.uk/pudsey or call 0345 607 3333.