- Sci-Fi News: Fifty Years In Time And Space: A Short History of Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: "Countdown To Darkness" If Ever There Were A Foreboding Titl...
- Sci-Fi News: Star Trek Countdown to Darkness Limited Edition Enterprise E...
- Sci-Fi News: The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Cast and Rumours
- Sci-Fi News: We Take A Look At The New Star Trek Into Darkness Movie Post...
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi/Fantasy In Cinema - A Look Back On 2012 And A Look Fo...
- Sci-Fi News: Stargate Universe DVD Box-Set Review
- Sci-Fi News: 25 Days Of Sci-Fi Prizes Up For Grabs
- Sci-Fi News: Dame Diana Rigg And Rachael Stirling To Star In Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: The Walking Dead #100 Comic Book Hits 15 Covers
- Sci-Fi News: Marvel Studios Begins Poduction On Third Installment Of The ...
- Sci-Fi News: New Doctor Who Companion Unveiled
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi Fanatics Name The Genre's Sexiest Stars
- Sci-Fi News: Sanctuary — Series 3 Exclusively On Watch (Sky 109, Virgin Media 124)
- Sci-Fi News: The Silence Arrive At The Doctor Who Experience On Friday 13th May
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who Tardis Visit On Offer At Radio Cymru Children In ...
- Sci-Fi News: Walking Dead Snares A Million
- Sci-Fi News: First Broadcast Of Interview With Creator Of Doctor Who Theme
- Sci-Fi News: The Zombies Are Coming
- Sci-Fi News: Zombies Invade Cities Across The World To Promote The Walkin...
Marvel Studios Begins Poduction On Third Installment Of The Blockbuster Franchise Iron Man
Following in the footsteps of the record-breaking Marvel Studios’ release “Marvel’s The Avengers,” production on the highly anticipated film “Iron Man 3,” directed by Shane Black, has commenced production in Wilmington, North Carolina. The production schedule will also include locations in Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina, Miami, Florida and China.
Based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series, first published in 1963, “Iron Man 3” returns Robert Downey Jr. (“Iron Man,” “Marvel’s The Avengers”) as the iconic Super Hero character Tony Stark/Iron Man along with Gwyneth Paltrow (“Iron Man,” “Iron Man 2,”) as Pepper Potts, Don Cheadle (“Iron Man 2”) as James “Rhodey” Rhodes and Jon Favreau (“Iron Man,” “Iron Man 2”) as Happy Hogan. Set for release in the U.S. on May 3, 2013, Marvel’s “Iron Man 3” marks the second feature to be fully owned, marketed and distributed by Disney, which acquired Marvel in 2009.
“Iron Man 3” continues the epic, big-screen adventures of the world’s favorite billionaire inventor/Super Hero, Tony Stark aka “Iron Man.” Marvel Studios’ President Kevin Feige is producing the film. Executive producers on the project include Jon Favreau, Louis D’Esposito, Alan Fine, Stan Lee, Charles Newirth, Victoria Alonso, Stephen Broussard and Dan Mintz.
The creative production team on the film includes two-time Oscar®-winning director of photography John Toll, ASC (“Braveheart,” “Legends of the Fall”), production designer Bill Brzeski (“The Hangover,” “Due Date”), editors Jeffrey Ford, A.C.E. (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Captain America: The First Avenger”) and Peter S. Elliot (“Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer”), and costume designer Louise Frogley (“Quantum of Solace,” “Contagion”).
Marvel Studios most recently produced the critically acclaimed “Marvel’s The Avengers,” which set the all-time, domestic 3-day weekend box office record at $207.4 million. The film, which is currently in release, continues to shatter box office records and is The Walt Disney Studios’ highest-grossing global and domestic release of all time and marks the studios’ fifth film to gross more than $1 billion worldwide.
In the summer of 2011, Marvel successfully launched two new franchises with “Thor,” starring Chris Hemsworth, and “Captain America: The First Avenger,” starring Chris Evans. Both films opened #1 at the box office and have grossed over $800 million worldwide combined. In 2010 “Iron Man 2,” starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Scarlett Johansson and Mickey Rourke, took the #1 spot in its first weekend with a domestic box office gross of $128.1 million.
In the summer of 2008, Marvel produced the summer blockbuster movies “Iron Man” and “The Incredible Hulk.” “Iron Man,” in which Robert Downey Jr. originally dons the Super Hero’s powerful armor and stars alongside co-stars Terrence Howard, Jeff Bridges and Gwyneth Paltrow, was released May 2, 2008, and was an immediate box office success. Garnering the number one position for two weeks in a row, the film brought in over $100 million in its opening weekend. On June 13, 2008, Marvel released “The Incredible Hulk,” marking its second number one opener of that summer.