- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go takes-off for third series
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options announces Limited Edition Doctor Who Action Figures!
- Sci-Fi News: London Fans React to Game of Thrones Season 5 Finale
- Sci-Fi News: Colin Baker Short "Last Man on Earth" Seeks Crowdfunders
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-fi celebrities descend on Llandudno for Scifi Wales this September
- Sci-Fi News: Cops and Monsters the Mini Series launches funding for 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Strangeness in Space - A new fan-funded comedy sci-fi audio ...
- Sci-Fi News: THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO... on the Thames!
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who reveals Maisie Williams as guest star
- Sci-Fi News: Lady Penelope, Parker and Brains pictures revealed
- Sci-Fi News: The Vampire Diaries 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go new-look Tracy brothers are F.A.B.
- Sci-Fi News: Scifi News talks to Richard James about his time on Space Pr...
- Sci-Fi News: Zelda's Night Before Christmas: Anderson Entertainment relea...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go to blast back for second series
- Sci-Fi News: Llandudno to Host New Annual Science Fiction Convention
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options unveil Twelfth Doctor 3.75 inch figure as ...
- Sci-Fi News: Ben Miller to guest star in Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi News exclusive interview with Sarah Louise Madison - ...
- Sci-Fi News: BBC Three drama In The Flesh nominated for prestigious BAFTA awards
Walking Dead Snares A Million
The first episode of zombie thriller The Walking Dead launches to over one million viewers on FX UK.
Episode one of AMC’s critically acclaimed Zombie series launched November 5th to a consolidated audience of 736,200 individuals, ranking FX the highest rating pay TV channel in the 10pm slot. Viewing figures of subsequent repeats throughout the week has meant that so far over a million watched the first episode*.
The success of the series opener worldwide resulted in a 13 episode second season commission set to premiere in the autumn of 2011.
Jason Thorp, Managing Director of Fox International Channels UK says: "In an industry with fierce competition and a growing number of free-to-air channels, you need stand out content to reach a million viewers with a debuting show. The Walking Dead’s performance is equal to our highest rated programmes NCIS, Dexter and True Blood. I can say with confidence that FX, despite being tucked away down the EPG has yet again stepped up to the plate as the destination for great original drama."
*1,054,500 — Individuals 4+ (BARB:TNS)