- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go to blast back for second series
- Sci-Fi News: Llandudno to Host New Annual Science Fiction Convention
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options unveil Twelfth Doctor 3.75 inch figure as ...
- Sci-Fi News: Ben Miller to guest star in Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi News exclusive interview with Sarah Louise Madison - ...
- Sci-Fi News: BBC Three drama In The Flesh nominated for prestigious BAFTA awards
- Sci-Fi News: BBC drama leads BAFTA nominations 2014
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi News exclusive interview with Fraser Coull the creato...
- Sci-Fi News: Series two of BBC Three drama In The Flesh announced for UK ...
- Sci-Fi News: Cops and Monsters minisode airs online tonight
- Sci-Fi News: Keeley Hawes to star in Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: Debut thriller novel Keystone receives international acclaim
- Sci-Fi News: Gollancz announce strategy to reduce the price of eBook edit...
- Sci-Fi News: Comic Book Artist Lee Sullivan Launches Online Shop
- Sci-Fi News: Official Star Wars Fact File Magazine Hits Stores, Offering ...
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who 3.75 inch action figures (Wave 2) revealed
- Sci-Fi News: Gollancz Returns to Westeros with Inside HBO's Game of Thron...
- Sci-Fi News: The Tomorrow People's performance yesterday is today's news
- Sci-Fi News: Finalists announced for BBC Audio Drama Awards 2014
- Sci-Fi News: Peter Capaldi begins filming on Doctor Who
Walking Dead Snares A Million
The first episode of zombie thriller The Walking Dead launches to over one million viewers on FX UK.
Episode one of AMC’s critically acclaimed Zombie series launched November 5th to a consolidated audience of 736,200 individuals, ranking FX the highest rating pay TV channel in the 10pm slot. Viewing figures of subsequent repeats throughout the week has meant that so far over a million watched the first episode*.
The success of the series opener worldwide resulted in a 13 episode second season commission set to premiere in the autumn of 2011.
Jason Thorp, Managing Director of Fox International Channels UK says: "In an industry with fierce competition and a growing number of free-to-air channels, you need stand out content to reach a million viewers with a debuting show. The Walking Dead’s performance is equal to our highest rated programmes NCIS, Dexter and True Blood. I can say with confidence that FX, despite being tucked away down the EPG has yet again stepped up to the plate as the destination for great original drama."
*1,054,500 — Individuals 4+ (BARB:TNS)