- Sci-Fi News: Fifty Years In Time And Space: A Short History of Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: "Countdown To Darkness" If Ever There Were A Foreboding Titl...
- Sci-Fi News: Star Trek Countdown to Darkness Limited Edition Enterprise E...
- Sci-Fi News: The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Cast and Rumours
- Sci-Fi News: We Take A Look At The New Star Trek Into Darkness Movie Post...
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi/Fantasy In Cinema - A Look Back On 2012 And A Look Fo...
- Sci-Fi News: Stargate Universe DVD Box-Set Review
- Sci-Fi News: 25 Days Of Sci-Fi Prizes Up For Grabs
- Sci-Fi News: Dame Diana Rigg And Rachael Stirling To Star In Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: The Walking Dead #100 Comic Book Hits 15 Covers
- Sci-Fi News: Marvel Studios Begins Poduction On Third Installment Of The ...
- Sci-Fi News: New Doctor Who Companion Unveiled
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi Fanatics Name The Genre's Sexiest Stars
- Sci-Fi News: Sanctuary — Series 3 Exclusively On Watch (Sky 109, Virgin Media 124)
- Sci-Fi News: The Silence Arrive At The Doctor Who Experience On Friday 13th May
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who Tardis Visit On Offer At Radio Cymru Children In ...
- Sci-Fi News: Walking Dead Snares A Million
- Sci-Fi News: First Broadcast Of Interview With Creator Of Doctor Who Theme
- Sci-Fi News: The Zombies Are Coming
- Sci-Fi News: Zombies Invade Cities Across The World To Promote The Walkin...
Walking Dead Snares A Million
The first episode of zombie thriller The Walking Dead launches to over one million viewers on FX UK.
Episode one of AMC’s critically acclaimed Zombie series launched November 5th to a consolidated audience of 736,200 individuals, ranking FX the highest rating pay TV channel in the 10pm slot. Viewing figures of subsequent repeats throughout the week has meant that so far over a million watched the first episode*.
The success of the series opener worldwide resulted in a 13 episode second season commission set to premiere in the autumn of 2011.
Jason Thorp, Managing Director of Fox International Channels UK says: "In an industry with fierce competition and a growing number of free-to-air channels, you need stand out content to reach a million viewers with a debuting show. The Walking Dead’s performance is equal to our highest rated programmes NCIS, Dexter and True Blood. I can say with confidence that FX, despite being tucked away down the EPG has yet again stepped up to the plate as the destination for great original drama."
*1,054,500 — Individuals 4+ (BARB:TNS)