- Sci-Fi News: Cops and Monsters the Mini Series launches funding for 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Strangeness in Space - A new fan-funded comedy sci-fi audio ...
- Sci-Fi News: THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO... on the Thames!
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who reveals Maisie Williams as guest star
- Sci-Fi News: Lady Penelope, Parker and Brains pictures revealed
- Sci-Fi News: The Vampire Diaries 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go new-look Tracy brothers are F.A.B.
- Sci-Fi News: Scifi News talks to Richard James about his time on Space Pr...
- Sci-Fi News: Zelda's Night Before Christmas: Anderson Entertainment relea...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go to blast back for second series
- Sci-Fi News: Llandudno to Host New Annual Science Fiction Convention
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options unveil Twelfth Doctor 3.75 inch figure as ...
- Sci-Fi News: Ben Miller to guest star in Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi News exclusive interview with Sarah Louise Madison - ...
- Sci-Fi News: BBC Three drama In The Flesh nominated for prestigious BAFTA awards
- Sci-Fi News: BBC drama leads BAFTA nominations 2014
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi News exclusive interview with Fraser Coull the creato...
- Sci-Fi News: Series two of BBC Three drama In The Flesh announced for UK ...
- Sci-Fi News: Cops and Monsters minisode airs online tonight
- Sci-Fi News: Keeley Hawes to star in Doctor Who
The Zombies Are Coming
Telos Publishing has recently signed up a new collection of original horror and dark fantasy fiction from the acclaimed and award-winning author Sam Stone. Sam made an enormous impact with her trilogy of Vampire novels, collectively known as the Vampire Gene series. There is even film interest already in some of the tales - and that's before the book has even been published!
Zombies In New York And Other Bloody Jottings is an amazing read. Something is sapping the energy of the usually robust dancers of the Moulin Rouge... Jack the Ripper’s crimes are investigated by a vampire... zombies roam the streets of New York... Clowns die in mysteriously humorous ways... Welcome to the poetic and horrific world of Sam Stone, where a vampire becomes obsessed with a centuries-old werewolf, and Angels are stalking the undead. Walk through the haunting world of the Toymaker and be hypnotised by the Siren's Song. Fourteen stories of horror and passion and six mythological and erotic poems from the pen of the new Queen of Vampire fiction. Chick-slash has never been so entertaining!
Publishing in February 2011 and being launched at the big LA Doctor Who event, Gallifrey One, Zombies In New York will boast a cover by multiple-award winning artist Vincent Chong, and features internal illustrations from the blood-soaked pen of Russell Morgan.
"I wanted to do a collection to experiment with genres and styles," says Sam. "As well as my interest in horror fiction, I also love crime fiction, particularly psychological thrillers, and writing a collection of short stories gave me the opportunity to broaden my horizons in terms of the content, style and even voice that I used."
Sam is known for her vampire series, The Vampire Gene, and the collection contains several stories which link in with that. "When I was writing Futile Flame, the second in the trilogy, my femme fatale, the vampire Lucrezia Borgia, was such an intriguing character that at the time I wanted to write much more about her history. There is a period of time within that book of approximately 200 years, where we don't really know what she got up to. So the stories began as my exploration of those missing years. I have Lucrezia taking on the nom de plume of Lucy Collins, and working as a blood specialist - an ideal job for a vampire! - and with the police of all ages, solving crimes and getting involved in mysteries."
The collection also contains some of Sam's horror poetry. "They're more erotic and mythological than horror, and the ones that I wanted to include in the collection, are those I'm most proud of as they each tell a little story of their own. I tried to encapsulate feelings, character, themes and a plot into a concise piece of writing in each case. I hope that readers enjoy them."
The collection covers all bases from zombies to vampires, sirens to angels and just about everything in between. "I was trying to be diverse," smiles Sam. "There's even a ghost story in there, as well as, of course, creepy clowns! But in every case I tried to bring a new and unique slant to the writing. I was aiming at being eclectic and I hope I've achieved that. There are several that I am really proud of, and some which I hope will truly shock readers!"
Copies of Zombies In New York And Other Bloody Jottings can be pre-ordered by visiting the Telos website where they have online credit card and PayPal ordering available.