- Sci-Fi News: Fifty Years In Time And Space: A Short History of Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: "Countdown To Darkness" If Ever There Were A Foreboding Titl...
- Sci-Fi News: Star Trek Countdown to Darkness Limited Edition Enterprise E...
- Sci-Fi News: The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Cast and Rumours
- Sci-Fi News: We Take A Look At The New Star Trek Into Darkness Movie Post...
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi/Fantasy In Cinema - A Look Back On 2012 And A Look Fo...
- Sci-Fi News: Stargate Universe DVD Box-Set Review
- Sci-Fi News: 25 Days Of Sci-Fi Prizes Up For Grabs
- Sci-Fi News: Dame Diana Rigg And Rachael Stirling To Star In Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: The Walking Dead #100 Comic Book Hits 15 Covers
- Sci-Fi News: Marvel Studios Begins Poduction On Third Installment Of The ...
- Sci-Fi News: New Doctor Who Companion Unveiled
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi Fanatics Name The Genre's Sexiest Stars
- Sci-Fi News: Sanctuary — Series 3 Exclusively On Watch (Sky 109, Virgin Media 124)
- Sci-Fi News: The Silence Arrive At The Doctor Who Experience On Friday 13th May
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who Tardis Visit On Offer At Radio Cymru Children In ...
- Sci-Fi News: Walking Dead Snares A Million
- Sci-Fi News: First Broadcast Of Interview With Creator Of Doctor Who Theme
- Sci-Fi News: The Zombies Are Coming
- Sci-Fi News: Zombies Invade Cities Across The World To Promote The Walkin...
Zombies Invade Cities Across The World To Promote The Walking Dead Coming To FX November 5th 10pm
Today commuters across the globe were cowering behind their briefcases as hordes of zombies took over 25 major worldwide cities.
The global attack was orchestrated to mark the worldwide release of The Walking Dead, a new TV series which see its UK premiere on FX Friday, November 5th at 10pm.
London commuters were shocked to see the zombies crossing Millennium Bridge, dragging their decomposed bodies along Southbank, terrifying traffic on Westminster Bridge and finally venturing down to the depths of the London Underground.
Taking direction from The Walking Dead’s legendary make-up artist Greg Nicotero, swarms of local zombies consecutively took over major cities worldwide during a 24 hour period and were centred in and around the world’s major landmarks. The invasion kicked off in Taipei and spread across cities including Hong Kong, Dubai, Istanbul, Rome, Madrid, Buenos Aires and New York City with Los Angeles as its final stop.
Similar to a theatrical film release and unheard of within the TV industry, the international debut of The Walking Dead follows just days behind the show’s US premiere Sunday, October 31st on Fox International Channels. The Walking Dead will launch to 250 million households in 120 countries in 33 languages all within the same week.
The Walking Dead, AMC’s original series, is based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. Kirkman serves as an executive producer on the project and three-time Academy Award-nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) serves as writer, director and executive producer. Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon, The Incredible Hulk), chairman of Valhalla Motion Pictures, serves as executive producer. David Alpert from Circle of Confusion serves as executive producer. Charles “Chic” Eglee (Dexter, The Shield, Dark Angel) serves as executive producer.