- Sci-Fi News: Fifty Years In Time And Space: A Short History of Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: "Countdown To Darkness" If Ever There Were A Foreboding Titl...
- Sci-Fi News: Star Trek Countdown to Darkness Limited Edition Enterprise E...
- Sci-Fi News: The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Cast and Rumours
- Sci-Fi News: We Take A Look At The New Star Trek Into Darkness Movie Post...
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi/Fantasy In Cinema - A Look Back On 2012 And A Look Fo...
- Sci-Fi News: Stargate Universe DVD Box-Set Review
- Sci-Fi News: 25 Days Of Sci-Fi Prizes Up For Grabs
- Sci-Fi News: Dame Diana Rigg And Rachael Stirling To Star In Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: The Walking Dead #100 Comic Book Hits 15 Covers
- Sci-Fi News: Marvel Studios Begins Poduction On Third Installment Of The ...
- Sci-Fi News: New Doctor Who Companion Unveiled
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi Fanatics Name The Genre's Sexiest Stars
- Sci-Fi News: Sanctuary — Series 3 Exclusively On Watch (Sky 109, Virgin Media 124)
- Sci-Fi News: The Silence Arrive At The Doctor Who Experience On Friday 13th May
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who Tardis Visit On Offer At Radio Cymru Children In ...
- Sci-Fi News: Walking Dead Snares A Million
- Sci-Fi News: First Broadcast Of Interview With Creator Of Doctor Who Theme
- Sci-Fi News: The Zombies Are Coming
- Sci-Fi News: Zombies Invade Cities Across The World To Promote The Walkin...
Sanctuary Season 3 Exclusively On Watch
UKTV’s Watch (Sky 109, Virgin Media 124) are to exclusively air the third series of sci-fi phenomenon Sanctuary, every Tuesday at 9pm from October 19th.
Although dismissed as monstrous figments of our imaginations and the stuff of our childhood nightmares, the world is full of mythical creatures (Vampires, Werewolves etc..) and mutants, the Sanctuary has the spectacular proof that they are indeed real.
Dr. Helen Magnus (Amanda Tapping), a 158 year-old English scientist, and her team of experts run an organisation known as The Sanctuary that seeks out non-human intelligent creatures, known as Abnormals, and tries to help and learn from them.
Magnus tries to protect these things that most people would consider monsters and the Sanctuary serves as a safe haven for these "Abnormals"
However the team also has to find, contain and sometimes destroy the more dangerous ones.
Magnus was a member of a group of experimental scientists known as "The Five", which included also Nikola Tesla, Nigel Griffin, Dr. James Watson, and John Druitt, who wanted to push the boundaries of their understanding of the physical world through unconventional means.
At some point during their partnership, Magnus acquired a vial of untainted vampire blood and used it in a serum that "The Five" injected into themselves. After the injection, they each developed different gifts; Magnus gained a high level of longevity, Nigel Griffin acquired the power of invisibility, Dr. James Watson's intellect was tremendously heightened, John Druitt developed the ability to teleport through time and space, and Nikola Tesla undergoes transformation into a vampire, with the additional power of electrical manipulation
Magnus’ team at The Sanctuary comprises of forensic psychiatrist Dr. Will Zimmerman and her fearless, sometimes reckless, daughter Ashley.
Will, an insightful psychiatric profiler with a knack for finding the strange and curious, reluctantly joins the team to aid in the study of beings he can hardly believe himself.
Together, Magnus, Will, Ashley and quirky tech-whiz Henry, use their unique combination of instinct, medicine and cutting edge technology to find the creatures that lurk in the corners of our civilization and protect us from those too dangerous to be roaming free.
"The Cabal", are the team’s enemy, a powerful shadow organization that captures, studies, and experiments on Abnormals in the belief that the Abnormal population is a threat to the human species, is introduced.
The Cabal's overall plan is to incite humanity against the Abnormals so that they can wipe out the entire Abnormal population and gain a greater amount of power over humanity.