- Sci-Fi News: Lady Penelope, Parker and Brains pictures revealed
- Sci-Fi News: The Vampire Diaries 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go new-look Tracy brothers are F.A.B.
- Sci-Fi News: Scifi News talks to Richard James about his time on Space Pr...
- Sci-Fi News: Zelda's Night Before Christmas: Anderson Entertainment relea...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go to blast back for second series
- Sci-Fi News: Llandudno to Host New Annual Science Fiction Convention
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options unveil Twelfth Doctor 3.75 inch figure as ...
- Sci-Fi News: Ben Miller to guest star in Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi News exclusive interview with Sarah Louise Madison - ...
- Sci-Fi News: BBC Three drama In The Flesh nominated for prestigious BAFTA awards
- Sci-Fi News: BBC drama leads BAFTA nominations 2014
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi News exclusive interview with Fraser Coull the creato...
- Sci-Fi News: Series two of BBC Three drama In The Flesh announced for UK ...
- Sci-Fi News: Cops and Monsters minisode airs online tonight
- Sci-Fi News: Keeley Hawes to star in Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: Debut thriller novel Keystone receives international acclaim
- Sci-Fi News: Gollancz announce strategy to reduce the price of eBook edit...
- Sci-Fi News: Comic Book Artist Lee Sullivan Launches Online Shop
- Sci-Fi News: Official Star Wars Fact File Magazine Hits Stores, Offering ...
Sanctuary Season 3 Exclusively On Watch
UKTV’s Watch (Sky 109, Virgin Media 124) are to exclusively air the third series of sci-fi phenomenon Sanctuary, every Tuesday at 9pm from October 19th.
Although dismissed as monstrous figments of our imaginations and the stuff of our childhood nightmares, the world is full of mythical creatures (Vampires, Werewolves etc..) and mutants, the Sanctuary has the spectacular proof that they are indeed real.
Dr. Helen Magnus (Amanda Tapping), a 158 year-old English scientist, and her team of experts run an organisation known as The Sanctuary that seeks out non-human intelligent creatures, known as Abnormals, and tries to help and learn from them.
Magnus tries to protect these things that most people would consider monsters and the Sanctuary serves as a safe haven for these "Abnormals"
However the team also has to find, contain and sometimes destroy the more dangerous ones.
Magnus was a member of a group of experimental scientists known as "The Five", which included also Nikola Tesla, Nigel Griffin, Dr. James Watson, and John Druitt, who wanted to push the boundaries of their understanding of the physical world through unconventional means.
At some point during their partnership, Magnus acquired a vial of untainted vampire blood and used it in a serum that "The Five" injected into themselves. After the injection, they each developed different gifts; Magnus gained a high level of longevity, Nigel Griffin acquired the power of invisibility, Dr. James Watson's intellect was tremendously heightened, John Druitt developed the ability to teleport through time and space, and Nikola Tesla undergoes transformation into a vampire, with the additional power of electrical manipulation
Magnus’ team at The Sanctuary comprises of forensic psychiatrist Dr. Will Zimmerman and her fearless, sometimes reckless, daughter Ashley.
Will, an insightful psychiatric profiler with a knack for finding the strange and curious, reluctantly joins the team to aid in the study of beings he can hardly believe himself.
Together, Magnus, Will, Ashley and quirky tech-whiz Henry, use their unique combination of instinct, medicine and cutting edge technology to find the creatures that lurk in the corners of our civilization and protect us from those too dangerous to be roaming free.
"The Cabal", are the team’s enemy, a powerful shadow organization that captures, studies, and experiments on Abnormals in the belief that the Abnormal population is a threat to the human species, is introduced.
The Cabal's overall plan is to incite humanity against the Abnormals so that they can wipe out the entire Abnormal population and gain a greater amount of power over humanity.