- Sci-Fi News: Strangeness in Space: Episode 4 - Pet Shock Boys - Puppy Pan...
- Sci-Fi News: Twelfth Doctor's Second Sonic Screwdriver Blasts into Charac...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go takes-off for third series
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options announces Limited Edition Doctor Who Action Figures!
- Sci-Fi News: London Fans React to Game of Thrones Season 5 Finale
- Sci-Fi News: Colin Baker Short "Last Man on Earth" Seeks Crowdfunders
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-fi celebrities descend on Llandudno for Scifi Wales this September
- Sci-Fi News: Cops and Monsters the Mini Series launches funding for 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Strangeness in Space - A new fan-funded comedy sci-fi audio ...
- Sci-Fi News: THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO... on the Thames!
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who reveals Maisie Williams as guest star
- Sci-Fi News: Lady Penelope, Parker and Brains pictures revealed
- Sci-Fi News: The Vampire Diaries 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go new-look Tracy brothers are F.A.B.
- Sci-Fi News: Scifi News talks to Richard James about his time on Space Pr...
- Sci-Fi News: Zelda's Night Before Christmas: Anderson Entertainment relea...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go to blast back for second series
- Sci-Fi News: Llandudno to Host New Annual Science Fiction Convention
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options unveil Twelfth Doctor 3.75 inch figure as ...
- Sci-Fi News: Ben Miller to guest star in Doctor Who
The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Cast and Rumours
There was a lot of confusion when the reboot of Spider-Man was announced so soon after Raimi’s smash trilogy, but those voices died away the moment The Amazing Spider-Man opened in cinemas. The Amazing Spider-Man was a success, both critically and commercially and a sequel was all but inevitable. Andrew Garfield (The Social Network) portrayed Peter Parker as an outsider and a loner with both charm and honesty, whilst his on and off-screen partner Emma Stone (Superbad) gave a solid performance as equal parts beauty and geek, Gwen Stacy. They were joined by acting greats such as Sally Field, Rhys Ifans and the legendary Martin Sheen.
With the key cast and crew signed on for two more films, rumours have been circulating in chat rooms and online forums on who could be the next foe for “Spidey” to face. With the mention of Norman Osbourne / Green Goblin in the first film, he seemed to be the most likely candidate for the next big bad on screen. But now it looks as if somebody else will serve as the adversary for Parker. The part of Electro has been given to Oscar Winner Jamie Foxx (Ray, Collateral). Electro is one of Spider-Man’s oldest villains and has also battled other heroes such as Daredevil and the Fantastic Four — both of which are scheduled for a reboot.
In other casting news, it looks like director Marc Webb has already snapped up a rising star to play Mary Jane Watson — The Descendants’ Shailene Woodley. Woodley gave a memorable performance in the Oscar winning film alongside Hollywood A-lister George Clooney and has since attracted the attention of quite a few directors. With the casting of Woodley, it seems that although Webb is focusing his attention on the new wave of younger actors for his supporting roles, he at least makes damn sure that they’re the talented ones.
Finally, we have confirmation that Dane DeHaan (Chronicle) is up for the part of Peter Parker’s best friend and also the mortal enemy of Spider-man, Harry Osbourne. DeHaan rose to fame from his roles in Chronicle, Lawless and True Blood.
We’ll keep you updated on all news of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 as when we hear it.