- Sci-Fi News: Character Options unveil Twelfth Doctor 3.75 inch figure as ...
- Sci-Fi News: Ben Miller to guest star in Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi News exclusive interview with Sarah Louise Madison - ...
- Sci-Fi News: BBC Three drama In The Flesh nominated for prestigious BAFTA awards
- Sci-Fi News: BBC drama leads BAFTA nominations 2014
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi News exclusive interview with Fraser Coull the creato...
- Sci-Fi News: Series two of BBC Three drama In The Flesh announced for UK ...
- Sci-Fi News: Cops and Monsters minisode airs online tonight
- Sci-Fi News: Keeley Hawes to star in Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: Debut thriller novel Keystone receives international acclaim
- Sci-Fi News: Gollancz announce strategy to reduce the price of eBook edit...
- Sci-Fi News: Comic Book Artist Lee Sullivan Launches Online Shop
- Sci-Fi News: Official Star Wars Fact File Magazine Hits Stores, Offering ...
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who 3.75 inch action figures (Wave 2) revealed
- Sci-Fi News: Gollancz Returns to Westeros with Inside HBO's Game of Thron...
- Sci-Fi News: The Tomorrow People's performance yesterday is today's news
- Sci-Fi News: Finalists announced for BBC Audio Drama Awards 2014
- Sci-Fi News: Peter Capaldi begins filming on Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: Blue Peter reveals Doctor Who competition winners
- Sci-Fi News: The Tomorrow People Press Pack
Topps Announces Terminator Salvation Trading Cards
Terminator Salvation, the latest installment in the Terminator movie saga, will be showcased in an all-new Topps card collection.
The highly anticipated movie, set during post-apocalyptic times, stars Christian (The Dark Knight) Bale as human resistance leader John Conner. Warner Bros. is premiering the film on Memorial Day weekend, supported by a marketing and promotional campaign commensurate with a top-tier summer movie blockbuster. An exhilarating full-length trailer, currently previewing in theaters with Watchmen, is now available for online viewing at www.terminatorsalvation.com.
The Topps card series will comprise 90 base cards highlighting many memorable moments from Terminator Salvation, including key effects sequences. Extra-special, random insert cards will feature the film's star robots in Embossed Foil as well as Pop-Up Battle Cards. Additionally, selected packs will contain random, one-of-a-kind Artist Sketch Cards, Authentic Autograph Cards or Memorabilia Cards embedded with actor-worn costume materials. Hobby boxes will include a minimum of one "hit" per 24-count box; foil packs will carry a suggested retail price of $2 per pack.
Terminator Salvation represents the re-igniting of a powerful and beloved fan franchise. The original films amassed over $1 billion at the box office; inspired three theme park attractions and a robust merchandising program encompassing toys, video games, comics, trading cards and much more. The new movie is poised to re-engage many pre-existing fans plus attract a new, younger audience to the fold. In anticipation of initial winning results, a trilogy of three all-new Terminator movies is on the drawing boards.
"The Terminator franchise offers all the right ingredients to become an important, ongoing trading card program," remarks Topps Vice President of Publishing Ira Friedman. Very few properties qualify as a pop-culture icon, with multi-generational appeal and a proven history of merchandising success. This rich and potent brand hits the mark on all counts and represents an enormously exciting opportunity for Topps, our retail partners, dedicated collectors and fans of the films." The Terminator Salvation trading cards are scheduled to be available for purchase at hobby shops approximately two weeks prior to the movie opening.