- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go takes-off for third series
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options announces Limited Edition Doctor Who Action Figures!
- Sci-Fi News: London Fans React to Game of Thrones Season 5 Finale
- Sci-Fi News: Colin Baker Short "Last Man on Earth" Seeks Crowdfunders
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-fi celebrities descend on Llandudno for Scifi Wales this September
- Sci-Fi News: Cops and Monsters the Mini Series launches funding for 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Strangeness in Space - A new fan-funded comedy sci-fi audio ...
- Sci-Fi News: THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO... on the Thames!
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who reveals Maisie Williams as guest star
- Sci-Fi News: Lady Penelope, Parker and Brains pictures revealed
- Sci-Fi News: The Vampire Diaries 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go new-look Tracy brothers are F.A.B.
- Sci-Fi News: Scifi News talks to Richard James about his time on Space Pr...
- Sci-Fi News: Zelda's Night Before Christmas: Anderson Entertainment relea...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go to blast back for second series
- Sci-Fi News: Llandudno to Host New Annual Science Fiction Convention
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options unveil Twelfth Doctor 3.75 inch figure as ...
- Sci-Fi News: Ben Miller to guest star in Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi News exclusive interview with Sarah Louise Madison - ...
- Sci-Fi News: BBC Three drama In The Flesh nominated for prestigious BAFTA awards
Disney's Narnia Garden Strikes Gold At The NEC
To celebrate the release of The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Walt Disney has brought to life the magic of Narnia in a special Prince Caspian garden at this year’s BBC Gardeners World Live.
Designed and created by multi award winning garden designer Marney Hall, the Prince Caspian Garden recreates the lands of the film — the beaches of Narnia, the ancient woodlands, rock pools, ruins and waterfalls to create a garden of natural beauty, harmony and tranquillity where once again magical creatures could be sheltering under the trees.
The garden was late last night presented a prestigious gold award by the Royal Horticultural Society judging panel.
Garden designer Marney Hall said: “I’m delighted with the award after the months of planning, and days of hard work, that have gone in to creating the mystical land of Narnia in the middle of Birmingham! “This has been one of the most exciting projects I have worked on, and I’m looking forward to seeing the reaction of families as they are able to navigate their way through the garden and recreate the journey Lucy, Edmund, Susan and Peter take in the famous C.S. Lewis story.”
This will be the first time that a film has been marketed through the designing of a garden, and Disney have worked closely with Marney to ensure that this garden will stand out from the crowd. Unusually visitors will be able interact with the garden, walking through the garden and moving between all the settings from the film, allowing attendees to BBC Gardeners World Live to truly take a trip through Narnia and the story of Prince Caspian. Although based on the film, the garden is faithful to the original CS Lewis book, capturing the traditional Caledonian and Irish woodland which was described in such detail throughout the story.
Disney spokesperson Charlotte Tudor said: "We are truly delighted to have won a gold medal at the 2008 BBC Gardeners World Live. The story of Prince Caspian is all about the restoration of harmony to nature. Marney Hall's garden for Disney beautifully captures the magic and tranquillity of the world of Narnia. It is true to the spirit of CS Lewis and families will enjoy exploring and discovering this magical garden together."
In Prince Caspian, the battle to restore the natural harmony of the environment is paramount to the story, and it was important to garden designer and trained ecologist Marney Hall for the garden to reflect this. From the moors of Yorkshire, to the forests of New Zealand, garden designer Marney has scowered the globe to bring together all the essential plants and trees to create an authentic Narnia experience.
Marney comments: “To create the Prince Caspian Garden, I have included every plant and tree mentioned by CS Lewis to bring to life an ancient woodland and wildlife garden where people can truly believe that nature is in harmony.” “Creating the opportunity for visitors to walk through the garden and experience the feel of Narnia and the story of Prince Caspian was very important when designing the garden” continued Marney. “I hope the thousands who experience the garden take a little bit of the magic of Narnia home with them!”
The garden will be opened by Prince Caspian star Ben Barnes and garden designer Marney Hall on Wednesday 11 June at 9.30pm.