- Sci-Fi News: Strangeness in Space: Episode 4 - Pet Shock Boys - Puppy Pan...
- Sci-Fi News: Twelfth Doctor's Second Sonic Screwdriver Blasts into Charac...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go takes-off for third series
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options announces Limited Edition Doctor Who Action Figures!
- Sci-Fi News: London Fans React to Game of Thrones Season 5 Finale
- Sci-Fi News: Colin Baker Short "Last Man on Earth" Seeks Crowdfunders
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-fi celebrities descend on Llandudno for Scifi Wales this September
- Sci-Fi News: Cops and Monsters the Mini Series launches funding for 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Strangeness in Space - A new fan-funded comedy sci-fi audio ...
- Sci-Fi News: THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO... on the Thames!
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who reveals Maisie Williams as guest star
- Sci-Fi News: Lady Penelope, Parker and Brains pictures revealed
- Sci-Fi News: The Vampire Diaries 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go new-look Tracy brothers are F.A.B.
- Sci-Fi News: Scifi News talks to Richard James about his time on Space Pr...
- Sci-Fi News: Zelda's Night Before Christmas: Anderson Entertainment relea...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go to blast back for second series
- Sci-Fi News: Llandudno to Host New Annual Science Fiction Convention
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options unveil Twelfth Doctor 3.75 inch figure as ...
- Sci-Fi News: Ben Miller to guest star in Doctor Who
From The Ewok's Lair (18/03/2009)
Hello there, gosh you did make me jump! I was just getting these brownies out of the oven. Sit down do, you're too tall to be standing around — you'll bang your head on my ceiling! I'll put the brownies on the table here, but be careful they are very hot!
So, how have you been? Keeping well? That's good. I've been so busy, there's so much to tell you. Did you want ice-cream or fudge sauce with your brownie? Sauce? Here, i'll put the jug next to you. So, where were we? Oh yes … well, I went to Colchester with the Star Warriors on Saturday. We were helping a friend of ours, Gary Cullen, to collect for the Royal National Lifeboat Association. Gary is running the London Marathon and must raise a minimum of £2,000! Apparently he chose the RNLI because his father and uncle were rescued by a lifeboat off the coast of Southend during a severe storm. Can you imagine; all that water and you can't even drink it! No Ewok would go near it, we hate water, it mats our fur up and gets in our ears! Ugh! The RNLI do a terrific job though, they provide a 24-hour lifesaving service around the UK and Republic of Ireland. Did you know that some of the lifeboats can cost £2.5m! I can't even imagine that large a number! Also, the RNLI's running costs average around £339,000 (€440,700) each day, and all paid for by charitable donations! Last year alone RNLI lifeboats rescued almost 8,000 people, an average of 21 people a day. That's amazing, a truly worthwhile cause!
We had an awful lot of fun — Kerrie, the manager of Ace Comics let use their staff room to rest in and for the humans to change in, Sam and Arthur the owners of Xtreme Gaming made us welcome and kept us well supplied with cold drinks. Robocop surprised a few of the gamers and our Ghostbuster was especially popular as the new Ghostbuster game is out shortly — we hope to visit with them when it does come out! One of our lovely shiny Cylon's was with us; he's great to have around — a walking mirror! It makes it much easier to sort out my fur when it gets mussed by the wind, well that's if I can get through the crowd of women that he attracts! Our little Jawa was also with us, chattering away in that funny language they have — for sand people they're not too bad and at least they cover up so you can't see that they don't have any fur! Darth Vader was impressive as always as was his personal Stormtrooper aide, so much so that the staff at Jessops asked them to pay a visit to their shop where they took several photographs! I popped into Jessops later in the day but there wasn't anything to eat so I went across the road to a restaurant. I tried to go in there several times but Stormtrooper Jones had his eye on me and escorted me out every time... although once I did make it to the counter but everything was behind glass and I couldn't get to it. It was a real shame because they had some lovely looking cakes! I'm quite partial to a nice cake you know.
It's so much fun when we go out to meet people, they take lots of photographs and lots of people want to hug me, especially the little humans — I think they admire my fur, it is rather nice! There is so much that I still have to tell you! One of the Star Warriors members is making an Anubis costume, apparently this is from a film called 'Stargate' — it looks like it will be a very remarkable costume! All that will have to wait until next time though. If you want to see some of the photographs from the weekend you can visit the Star Warriors website and if you want to know more about our friends at Ace Comics or Xtreme Gaming you can visit them at www.acecomics.co.uk and www.xtremegaminguk.co.uk . In the meantime, have fun, be good and I'll see you next week.