- Sci-Fi News: Fifty Years In Time And Space: A Short History of Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: "Countdown To Darkness" If Ever There Were A Foreboding Titl...
- Sci-Fi News: Star Trek Countdown to Darkness Limited Edition Enterprise E...
- Sci-Fi News: The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Cast and Rumours
- Sci-Fi News: We Take A Look At The New Star Trek Into Darkness Movie Post...
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi/Fantasy In Cinema - A Look Back On 2012 And A Look Fo...
- Sci-Fi News: Stargate Universe DVD Box-Set Review
- Sci-Fi News: 25 Days Of Sci-Fi Prizes Up For Grabs
- Sci-Fi News: Dame Diana Rigg And Rachael Stirling To Star In Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: The Walking Dead #100 Comic Book Hits 15 Covers
- Sci-Fi News: Marvel Studios Begins Poduction On Third Installment Of The ...
- Sci-Fi News: New Doctor Who Companion Unveiled
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi Fanatics Name The Genre's Sexiest Stars
- Sci-Fi News: Sanctuary — Series 3 Exclusively On Watch (Sky 109, Virgin Media 124)
- Sci-Fi News: The Silence Arrive At The Doctor Who Experience On Friday 13th May
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who Tardis Visit On Offer At Radio Cymru Children In ...
- Sci-Fi News: Walking Dead Snares A Million
- Sci-Fi News: First Broadcast Of Interview With Creator Of Doctor Who Theme
- Sci-Fi News: The Zombies Are Coming
- Sci-Fi News: Zombies Invade Cities Across The World To Promote The Walkin...
Welcome To The Ewok's Lair
Welcome to the Ewok's Lair pull up a chair, have one of those cookies (they're chocolate chip!) and make yourself at home. It's nice to see you here; did you have any problems finding your way? No? Good, and at least the sun is shining!
So, you want to know a little about things here? Well I am Wewok, a strange name to you no doubt! It's actually very simple my dear Mama was an Ewok from Endor and Papa was a Wookie so they combined the two and called me Wewok. To be honest I'm a little taller than most Ewoks which was rather embarrassing back home on Endor but we travelled around a lot because Papa was fighting in the rebellion so I really didn't see that many Ewoks. Sadly I missed the final battle on Endor, apparently my cousins stole a speeder bike from one of the Scout Troopers - I would have loved to see that! Anyway, that was quite some time ago and the evil Empire has been defeated. Yay! Now I live on a planet called Earth with a group called the Star Warriors. Oh no, they are not mercenaries or an army, far from it! Have another cookie, they are rather good, and I'll tell you about them.
The Star Warriors are a really friendly Science Fiction costuming group. I know - science FICTION? He he, these people are so naive they think it's all made up stories; but we know different! Apparently there are a lot of science fiction stories too, I was amazed when I first came here and saw their story telling boxes erm... Television they call it and the real big ones that they have a special building for, Cin-e-ma and they have books, lots of books! I had to learn human writing just so I could read their books. They're not half clever some of these humans! Anyway, I seem to be getting a little off topic — that's my age and Ewoks do tend to ramble on a bit, back to the Star Warriors. So, these guys make costumes - not just any costumes, they make costumes of their favourite science fiction characters. And what's more, they wear them too! You can imagine my horror when I bumped into Darth Vader and one of his Storm Troopers. After all, I thought the Empire had been defeated! Fortunately it turned out to be two of the Star Warriors but I had to have a lie down and several cookies to recover from the shock! They have a lot of different characters, in fact it's quite bizarre to see the Visitors from 'V' hobnobbing with a couple of the original Cylons from Battlestar Galactica or a Ghostbuster chatting to Robocop, and that's just a few of them!
I have to say that at first I found it very strange behaviour, I could understand them wanting to cover their skin, can you believe that these people hardly have any fur - I get quite embarrassed for them but they don't seem too bothered! I'm digressing again, sorry about that — do give me a nudge next time. Now, they wear these costumes for a reason - to raise money for charity, last year they raised over £7000 for good causes including the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) and the Royal British Legion. This year they will also be working with Action for Children (formerly National Children's Homes) and the Royal National Lifeboat Institution. I understand that they also have a big project in the pipeline with Sci-Fi News but that's all very hush hush at the moment!
You want to know about all the costumes and what they get up to? Sure, but that'll take quite a while. Tell you what, come back next week - I'll bake some chocolate brownies and we can chat some more. In fact why don't we make it a regular date? Yes? Excellent! Well I'll see you next week then, have a safe journey, bye for now.