- Sci-Fi News: Fifty Years In Time And Space: A Short History of Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: "Countdown To Darkness" If Ever There Were A Foreboding Titl...
- Sci-Fi News: Star Trek Countdown to Darkness Limited Edition Enterprise E...
- Sci-Fi News: The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Cast and Rumours
- Sci-Fi News: We Take A Look At The New Star Trek Into Darkness Movie Post...
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi/Fantasy In Cinema - A Look Back On 2012 And A Look Fo...
- Sci-Fi News: Stargate Universe DVD Box-Set Review
- Sci-Fi News: 25 Days Of Sci-Fi Prizes Up For Grabs
- Sci-Fi News: Dame Diana Rigg And Rachael Stirling To Star In Doctor Who
- Sci-Fi News: The Walking Dead #100 Comic Book Hits 15 Covers
- Sci-Fi News: Marvel Studios Begins Poduction On Third Installment Of The ...
- Sci-Fi News: New Doctor Who Companion Unveiled
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-Fi Fanatics Name The Genre's Sexiest Stars
- Sci-Fi News: Sanctuary — Series 3 Exclusively On Watch (Sky 109, Virgin Media 124)
- Sci-Fi News: The Silence Arrive At The Doctor Who Experience On Friday 13th May
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who Tardis Visit On Offer At Radio Cymru Children In ...
- Sci-Fi News: Walking Dead Snares A Million
- Sci-Fi News: First Broadcast Of Interview With Creator Of Doctor Who Theme
- Sci-Fi News: The Zombies Are Coming
- Sci-Fi News: Zombies Invade Cities Across The World To Promote The Walkin...
Illumini Event 2010 Presents Secret Subterranean London
Jane webb artist and curator of Illumini events, is back with another free unique event. Explore subterranean London by torchlight, uncover hidden secrets and lost vaults underneath the city streets. Illumini launches with a free grand opening of performers, and light shows, in an underground location. The exhibition takes you on a journey of the history beneath our feet. Also included in the event, is tours underground and talks.
Jane Webb will be exhibiting her latest futuristic sculpture titled 'Communication Overload'. Mixed media sculptures and installations where, recycled computer and electronic components are assimilated along with electronics and illumination. Jane's artwork is influenced by the technological advancements in the area of cybernetics and prosthetics and modern technology of today. Her work looks at the way society reacts to the ever-changing upgrades of electronic products and how the human race is changing from man to machine. She has a strong interest in special effects and prop making for film and TV, shown in the sculptural techniques she uses.
Venue: The Basement Shoreditch Town Hall, 380 Old Street, London, EC1V 9LT Dates: 9th Sept 2010 - 15th Sept Open daily 11am-7pm Free Opening night: Thursday 9th September 6pm - 10pm. Everyone welcome free
Sponsors & Supporters: Arts Council England funded by National Lottery, The British Postal Museum & Archives, Britain at War Experience, The Brunel Museum, Imperial War Museum: Churchill War Museum, iCatchers, Energizer, Lee Filters, The London Dungeons and TOMPS.